First, the purpose of shearing
1. Summer cooling: The sheep's body has long, thick coat, high summer temperatures, difficulty in heat dissipation, rapid breathing, reduced intake, impaired body temperature regulation, and affects sheep's digestion, circulation, and endocrine system, resulting in slow growth. After the shearing, these effects are eliminated and the effects on growth and development are reduced.
2. Guaranteeing health: After the hair is cut, the skin is exposed. At this time, the medicinal bath will help to drive off part of the ectoparasites.
3. Increase efficiency: After the wool is sold, it can increase the added value of the sheep.
Second, time places
1. Time: Due to the great differences in the climate in Yangyang, it is difficult to define a uniform shear time. In the spring, generally from April to May, the hair is sheared when the temperature stabilizes. In addition to the sheep shearing once in the spring, in the fall from September to October, it will be cut again for the second time. All localities should choose the right time for shearing according to the local climate and choose the best timing for shearing according to the weather conditions.
2. Venue: The site of shearing, depending on the size of the flock. Large sheep farms should be equipped with shearing rooms. The interior should be light, clean, spacious and dry. Sheep farms and peasants with few goats' heads can cut the hair out in the open air. The site should be cleaned to prevent weeds and dirt from entering into the wool. It is best to have a mat or a board when cutting the hair.
Third, shearing method
1. Preparation before shearing: Stop watering and feeding for 12 hours before hair removal to avoid fecal contamination of wool and casualties during hair cutting. Before shearing, the flock should be rushed to a narrow circle to make it crowded. This will melt the oil and facilitate shearing.
2. Method: Lay the left side of the sheep on the shearing table or mat, sheep back against the shears; cut the hair from the right rear flank, cut back the front and back, cut off the abdomen, chest and the right and left limbs of the wool, turn the sheep Only, make it lie down on the right side, abdomen to the shears. The shears use the right hand straight sheep left hind leg, from the inside of the left hind leg to the outside, and then from the outside of the left hind leg to the left buttocks. From the back, shoulders, to the neck, longitudinally cut off the left side of the sheep's wool. Pull the sheep up and rest on the shears' legs. From the top of the head, cut the wool on the right side of the neck and the right side laterally. Then use the legs to hold the sheep's head so that the right side of the sheep will bulge and then Cut the right coat from top to bottom. Check the whole body and cut off the remaining wool.
Third, shearing matters needing attention
1. Shearing should begin with low-value sheep. In the case of the same species, the order of mutton sheep, test sheep, young sheep, ewes, and rams should be the order in which sheep with lower value use shearing techniques to ensure high value wool. Cut it well.
2. Shearing should be performed when the sheep are in good condition. It must be ensured that the sheep only shear the hair in a dry state. If the sheep are only wetted by rain, they must wait until the wool has dried before cutting.
3. Shearing shears should be evenly close to the skin and cut the wool once, leaving it low. If the raccoon hair is too high, do not cut it again, so as not to cause the second knife hair and affect the use of wool.
4. Do not let dirt, grass, etc. mixed with hair. Hair should be kept intact. To facilitate the classification and classification of wool.
5. The shearing action should be fast and the time should not be dragged too long. The action of turning over the sheep should be light, so as not to cause rumen hernia, intestinal torsion and cause undue loss.
6. Be sure to be careful about the ewes' nipples and ram's testicles when cutting. Try not to cut the skin as far as possible. In case of cutting, you must disinfect, applicate, or perform surgical suturing in time to avoid the flies laying down and spasm. For sheep infected with rickets, they should be shorn separately. About 10 days after the shearing of the sheep, a medicated bath is required.
7. After shearing, do not feed the sheep immediately with too much feed. Because sheep have fasted for more than ten hours, they are prone to bulimia and often cause digestive diseases.
8. Sheep farms with a history of tetanus injected tetanus toxins on the day of tetanus toxoid or shearing 14 days prior to shearing.
Brown Pvc Coated Gloves,Brown Chemical Resistant Gloves,Brown Pvc Coated Work Gloves,Needle-Punched Cotton Glove
SHANDONG SHUNXING LABOUR PROTECTIVE CO.,LTD , https://www.sdsxlb.com